Driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei

On the manual of my motherboard it says GA-7VRX
VIA KT333 AGPset I have a Geforce 4 Ti4200 and was wondering if i download VIA 4 in 1 or download detenators?
Will downloading detenators and installing them be a big wast of time or not?

You should download both of them...
The Via 4in1 (now known as Hyperion) is drivers for your motherboard, and will affect how fast you'll be able to transfer files to and from your motherboard, tell windows how to access the AGP, etc...

The Detonators are for your video card, and affects how well your system will run games (how fast they will run++), which graphics settings you can use etc.

So, no, downloading and installing the detonators won't be a big waste of time..

One little thing which might give you a little speed increase is to install the Hyperion drivers first, then Detonators then installing the VIA AGP driver once again (you don't need to install the other drivers again)...
It might not make much difference, but some claim that it does...

So i install my VIA 4in1 drivers then detenators(Which version for Geforec 4MX440 is best?)then 4in1 again
Also if I download detenators will the create extra problems? I remember reading an article somewhere saying if your board is a hybrid not to install detenators.

Yes, first VIA 4in1, then detonators, then VIA AGP driver.

I don't know which drivers are the best for a GF4mx440, but I don't think you'll have much problems with either of the latest drivers (44.03)...

I think you're confusing via's 4in1 and the detonators... Because if you've got a hybrid board which uses VIA and someone elses chipset, you should only install the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer...

This shouldn't be a problem with the detonators, though here I could be wrong...
Maybe someone else could fill us in on this?
(Hey guys, feel free to step in with a comment anytime now :))

Hope this helps :)

As MrG says.
When running a KT400 Gigabyte board and GF3 I found it was best installing in the following order:

Windows
Via Hyperions
Detonators
DirectX

By the way the reason I say should I install the detenators is because i've had error messages after installing them during games. Could deleting the game then installing it solve that issue?

Originally posted by sensei
By the way the reason I say should I install the detenators is because i've had error messages after installing them during games. Could deleting the game then installing it solve that issue?

What kind of errormessages?

And what version of the det's where you using at the time? (is this long ago, or recently?)

You shouldn't experience problems running a game with the det's installed... (You can experience problems with the, but that's most likely just a bug in the driver, and should be fixed in the next edition...)

It's a wonder that you don't experience problems without the det's though...

Hmm...
It would seem that the "golden drivers" from Nvidia are only covered with a very thin sheet of gold...

I think you'll have to list the games you play, and hopefully someone will know which drivers will work with them....

Sorry I can't be of more help!

I play medal of honour AA, morrowind, C&C generals, soldier of fortune 2, warcraft 3 etc the latest games

sensei

teacher....in japanese........find out what the japanese translation is for student...........resistance is futile............do the quick install of the hyperion drivers........install the latest dets........and then get the updated version of direct x........get into your bios and make sure there are NO conflicts with agp/memory/fsb/.................run a cleaner ........defragment.....give your machine .........an enema:punch:

dude

dram timings could be off....you could be in pci mode instead of agp.......agp apeture settings depending on video memory..........there a features to activate...............cpu timing is correct and in sync with the memory........yadayadayada:eek:

Sensei: In general, from what I've seen, if there were conflicts, you'd know without a doubt.

If things seem to be working fine, don't touch a thing. If only one or two programs are giving errors, I'd recommend starting a new thread concerning the errors (as they may not be video related at all, unless you can tell). If everything's throwing crap out errors at you, windows looks funky at best, etc., then you might have conflicts. At that point, come back here with the symptoms, and we'll give a try at helping you with em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back