Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfolsom77

So I built my first rig a little over a month ago. Everything was going fine up until 2 days ago. I originally had Gigabyte 7300gt in the system and 2 weeks ago replaced it with a Evga 7900gs KO. I started updating drivers 2 days ago for motherboard and videocard. I then used Nvidia NTUNE tool to fine tune the system to optimal performance as I myself do not have enough understanding of overclocking and did not want to damage anything. Since I did this. I now log on and within 5 minutes of being on the comp will basiclly shut down and go to a blue screen saying the following on the screen.

Problem detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your comp
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

** Then it tells me to check drivers or hardware software recently installed and goes on to show the following

Technical info
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000001d, 0x0000002, 0x0000001, 0xb2a22132)
NVTCP.SYS-adresss B2A22132 basR @B2A1E000

Beginning dump of physical memory.

**** Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your help...

Thank you guys both of you. I bet it is that firewall you are talking about as that is the newest thing that was added with the driver update. I will try uninstalling that tonight as I do not need it. Have one already. If that doesnt work I will go with the full driver uninstall and driver cleaner and reinstall.
I hope this is the problem as in the links I have not seen a response as to if that worked for these people with the same problem....

Has anyone had success solving a problem like this by removing that firewall?

Thanks guys seems that the nvidia firewall was the culpret. I uninstalled it tonight when I got home and no problems so far for over 4hrs.... Thanks so much for the help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back