drivers cause errors 0xa, 0xd3, 0x8e

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, Ive gotten all three of these errors about a min apart each and now my comp seems to be stuck on the 0x8e error which it has given me 32 times so far, about 15-30 secs each time of using the comp normally(debug mode now). Is anyone able to help me with this as it is driving me isane and my hammer is looking better and better each time. Ive included a few dump files which may have 1 or 2 reapeats in them of 0x8e and im not entirely sure if the 0xa, 0xd3 are in them, but the 0x8e im sure is. If you can help id greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
On a side note, i seem to get a lot of registry errors(about 21) each time i load up windows normally and my comp freezes a real lot. Are these errors the cause of this?
MB = Foxconn 661FX4MR-ES (2days old)
RAM = Kensington 2 512mbs (1.5 yrs old)
HD = 200 GB Maxtor(using now, 1.5 yrs old), 30 GB Western Digital (2.5 yrs old)
video = BFG Geforce 6800 GT AGP (1.5 weeks old)
OS = XP Home SP #2, 30GB HD has XP PRO SP#2(will change to home when this problem is fixed, its happening on both drives when booted from)

cpc2004 is the minidump guru around here.

I`m sure he will take a look at your dump files when he gets time.

In the meantime, I suggest you test your ram, as a lot of BSOD`s are caused by faulty ram.

First. Pull out your ram sticks, and clean the contacts with an eraser. Blow away the remnants, and replace.

If this doesn`t help. Try running your computer with just one stick of ram in. If you still get errors, try running with just the other stick of ram.

You can test your ram, by downloading the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is a pre-built iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I ran the memory test 86 and ran the microsoft one and both of them had a failer. the microsoft one was at test lvac i think it is or the 3rd test it does normally in its list. The mem86 got:

Badram=0x2aeddf48, 0xFFFFFFFc 686.8MB err-bits= 00000200 bad ram= 2aeddf48 good ram= 2aeddf48, just ran memtest for 1 hour, test 1 had 9 errors, test 7 had 17

Now i know the guy who made it(read the readme) said it doesnt pick out each one
individually but rather reports on them all. If this is true, then what does this report mean on which ram is bad if anyone knows?

On the microsoft one i pulled both sticks one at a time and rotated their sockets one at a time, and each time the test failed in the same spot, this mean both of them are bad or maybe the CPU one is bad as the MB is 3 days old now and couldnt possibly be bad again?

Also on the mem86 i didnt rotate the RAM as they both failed on the microsoft one and figured it wouldnt matter on this test since it gives me an address to the errors.

Hi,

The result of memtest indicates it is faulty ram. It is no need to investigate your minidumps.

Thanks for the help. I just replaced the sticks and the problems seemed to have went away but i have just one question. I noticed that when we replaced the sticks with ones that were good, the memtest said they had 1 or 2 errors on one of the sticks while another had a lot but only in 20.2 mbs of it. But then we switched them and tried it again and the one that had 1 or 2 errors didnt have any this time around and we are still using it with no problems. You guys know why it had errors one time, but this time it doesnt? Im just curious as i found this to be a little odd.

I just got an 0x8e, 0xd1 and 0xA from this stick of ram that seemed to be good. I was doing a lot of things at once though when the 0x8e, is it possible to overload the ram and have it give me an 0x8e error as this is good ram? I ran the memtest after i got 0xa and the firast whole test it worked, then the second one it failed. What going on my RAM was fine l2 hours ago now all of a sudden i getting these errors. I have the minidump that it gave me for 0x83, 0cd1, 0xA in that order. I'm buying new RAM of the type I had before, so i wont be using this stick for much longer but I find it hard to believe it could be turn bad in 2 hours of using it continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back