Drivers for ATI Radeon 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

I have a Radeon 9800 When i installed ATI CCC 4.10, it installed fine then i rebooted ten it brings up this error msg

CLI.exe Aplication Error
The Application fail to inializ properly (0xc0000135) Click ok to terminate.

so the CCCdoesnt work therfore i hve to unistall. then CCC that works is then one that came with my video card...no other version will work.
anyone got any ideas???

Help Please

I have just reformated my computer and now I cant get my video or my sound to work. I use a Radeon 9800 and a soundblaster card. I cant get radeon installed for some reason...I downloaded the cataylast 5.8 but it did no good, It said 9200 was installed. if anyone can send me a link or tell me what to do to get it installed. ( Before i reformated it worked ) and I cant even get my sound to work at all so if you can help me or give me a link that will be very awsome.

what kind of comptuer is it? when reformatting, there are numerous drivers that need to be installed before installing your graphics card drivers, nameley the chipset drivers. what drivers did you install, and in what order?

Umm

Its says I have AMD Athlon[tm]. I didnt install any new drivers after I reformated, Ive done this a couple times before and I got it to work, but maybe I am downloading the wrong thing this time. All I did was install Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

your processor is an amd athlon. this spec does not refer to a part of your computer that needs drivers. you can access the device manager and see what, if any, devices have a yellow or red mark next to them. i reccomend you download the program called cpu-z and run it to acertain the detailed specs of your motherboard. another basic question is whether you have a mass-manufacturered pc built by a company (OEM) or if you have a standard machine built of normal parts.

I had the same problem as Millhouse, how did he get it fixed? Its making my games crash cause I'm assuming Im playing games with a video card that has no working driver.

The application failed to Initialize properly (0xc0000135)

I have correctly uninstalled drivers to update to new ones and tried the old ones. So whats next?

bman-
CCC with the "Application failed to initialize properly" is usually caused by not having Microsoft .NET Framework installed. You can get this at microsoft.com. You should get ther .NET Framework 2.0 if possible, unless you are running older drivers. ATI Catalyst drivers 6.0 and above all work with .NET Framework 2.0.

Slipknotfan-
Your motherboard either has NForce, VIA, SiS or Uli chipset. As already added, just download CPU-Z and look at it's various tabs. Once you can identify what chipset it has, you can download the appropriate chipset drivers and your video/sound will likely be able to work after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back