TechSpot

Drivers for geforce2 mx 400

By actionn
May 30, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what are the best drivers for a vision tek geforce 2 mx 400, when im running xp? I have the 29.20 drivers right now. anyone got any suggestions?
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

3. JAV

JAV TS Rookie Posts: 264

Actionn,

I'm running the 29.20 too & like it on my Win98SE OS. I tried the 29.40 but couldn't get it to install. Hmm.

With the 29.20 I'm using Riva Tuner to OC the card to 215 core X 387 memory & the pixels have gone from 'stock' 400k/sec to 433k/sec. along with improvements across the board on all the #'s using the Fresh Diagnose benchmark for 'Display Adapter'. :grinthumb

HTH,
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I've went from 23.12 to 28.30 to 29.20 & have seen nothing but performance loss. I don't use the nView options so it seems I might go back to 23.12. I'm using a GF3TI200 BTW.
  5. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

I'm currently using the 28.32 and I don't think there has been much if any change in my performance since somewhere in the 23.xx drivers. I tried the 29.20 but had some problems so I went back to the 28.32.

My philosophy when dealing with updating drivers is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.