Drivers for SBLive 5.1 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didou

I got this SBLive 5.1 Player from a friend of mine who upgraded to an Audigy & I can't install it. He lost the CD that came with it so i'm left to download the drivers from the net.

The SBLive.com site isn't well done at all. When I choose drivers, I specify Win98 ( or Win2K for that matter ) & I get 50.000 updates for Playcenter ( I don't remember PlayCenter being a drivers but it's their site so I can't complain ).

I only get a Driver Update but it will only install if there's a previous installation done ( I'm guessing from the CD that came with the soundcard ). I have a Driver from my SBLive Player ( not 5.1 ) & it seems to install & then asks me to reboot. When I reboot, Windows detects a new multimedia device & asks me once again to insert the drivers for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here :)

I popped my SBLive Player 1024 back in because the 5.1 didn't want to work. I tryed your link ToRN & the driver refuses to install saying that it can't detect a SBLive 5.1 card. I'm looking at the card right now it's written SBLive Player 5.1 on the top right corner just like the pic that I'm posting. I'm gonna look around to see if I have another with the same card. BTW what are the differences between a SBLive Player 1024 & a SBLive Player 5.1 ? Is it just the support for 5.1 speaker systems ?

connect.jpg

Did you try the dutch or french versions of the driver?

Yes, the difference is 5.1 decoding only.

Originally posted by 3DSThomas
Go to http://www.europe.creative.com they have the full driver downloads there with surround mixer & audio hq. 18MB or so - full installation for Win9x - XP

That's the one that I downloaded. It says it can't detect a SBLive 5.1 on my system. When I start Windows, it detects a new multimedia device & asks for the drivers since I don't have them uncompressed, I click on Cancel & then I lanch the SBlive.exe which then says it can't detect a SBlive 5.1...

So far I've only found an english version of the install, I'm looking for a french one to see if it could work better...

Can you uncompress the drivers separtely? I know my Encore Dxr 3 card software couldn't be installed before the card was installed with the drivers.

Posted by Didou:
I've been to http://www.soundblaster.com/drivers/ allready. I downloaded a driver for it & it says that it won't install because it can't detect a SBLive 5.1

As for liveware, you can no longer download it, you have to order it on a CD...

I faced the same problem with you Didou last month when i couldn't find my cd, eventually i did found it out!! Are you running Windows ME? If i m not mistaken, the driver update does not support ME? I'm quite blurry now!!

Originally posted by young&wild
I faced the same problem with you Didou last month when i couldn't find my cd, eventually i did found it out!! Are you running Windows ME? If i m not mistaken, the driver update does not support ME? I'm quite blurry now!!

I'm running Win98/Win2K on a dual Boot. I wanted to try it out on Win98 first before screwing up my Win2K. It's odd that it doesn't support Win98, since well they've written that it does.

I'm kinda wondering if all this is worth the hassle after all I don't have any 5.1 speaker systems. After all it's still a SBLive card. I'm ight try to sell instead but I don't think many people will want it without the driver CD. Especially if they run into the same problems I'm having right now...

Thx for the tips all but this card just blew its chances with me :p

SoundBlaster Dead!5.1

Hi there,

They should be dead ...

I got the same problem as DIDOU ... and the same frustration : there is apparently no soundblaster live 5.1 in my cmputer (I'm gonna ask them to pay me bac the price of it ...)
My SB is installed in FRENCH (you know, this language with accents ééé !)
And the upgrade is ... in English

Config ASUS A7A266 MotherB, AthlonXP 1800 CPU, Geforce2 graphics, 256 DDRAM, Adaptec 2940, SB LIVE, modem, DVD, CDRW, Win 98 Sec Ed french, etc ...

Seriously now,
I phoned the support in Ireland (see numbers on the SB site)
The guy was clear and conclusions are

No way to install an English upgrade on an existing french or other language installed card (I mean installed with anotehr CD ROM or whatever)

The FRENCH UPDATE is NOT available on line (they have bandwith problems and donot want to overload their servers !!! can you imagine that, they cannot afford paying a good server and connection !!!).
BUT : you can order it from orders on line, for the P&P price (3.5 euros, credit card requested) by calling

00 353 1 806 69 09 (they speak english and french)

Expect 1 week delivery

In the meantime, if you want to install the ENGLISH downloadable version :
- UNINSTALL THE SB LIVE COMPLETELY (see the uninstall in config panel)
- (re)INSTALL with downloaded soft.

(Do the same going back to your language when CD upgrade arrives ...)

Also worth to be checked before : interrupt conflicts (see the computer management in Win) : check IRQ and DMA
and specially the interrupt taken by the SB16 emulation (you can uninstall this emulation if needed) (see in hardware config !)

That's all folks

I don't need to tell you taht I told the guy on the phone I was not very happy with their internet policy and that I'm not sure I will invest any more in ANY SB product : their reputation is (still) good, but their customer service, internet site and customer orientation is seriously weak (unacceptable for such a brand ...)

Well...

That clears a lot...

Thanks for the info mmgr :)

While you're at it you might as well stick around and post on a few threads, you 'll see it's not all pain & frustrattion around here ;)

Hey, I'm having the same problem with my SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum.
Anywhere i can get the actual drivers? not the upgrade?
I'm sick of this *annoying message saying I need the CD to install..
Thank you very much.
--xaez--

(*edited by mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back