TechSpot

Drone captures first look at Apple's new "spaceship" campus

By Shawn Knight
Sep 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It's been nearly a year since the Cupertino City Council approved Apple's plans to build a massive new campus not too far from the company's current headquarters. Since that time, we've heard nary a whisper about the project's progress thanks...

Read more

2. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

See I recon they are secretly building an actual spacecraft underneath the building (thinking of that show doomsday preppers)

3. Snowden

Snowden TS Member Posts: 68   +31

This isn't really being built by Apple - the NSA has teamed up with the Grey's (yes, they really have been here since the industrial revolution ie 'They Live').

If you look at the shape of the doors you can clearly see that they are designed for 'non-humans'.

noel24 likes this.
  4. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,214   +1,240

Looks bloody impressive already!

amstech likes this.
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Meanwhile, in the already completed secret lab thirty levels underground, Steve plots a comeback (and staff cuts) while overseeing his latest diversity hire...

[​IMG]

6. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

It is amazing what the profits of overworked Chinese children can buy....

H3llion and noel24 like this.
  7. dividebyzero

Apple and Hon Hai probably see Chinese children as "Age and height challenged entry-level skilled trainees" - that's three disabilities confronted right there.

SalaSSin likes this.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,668   +1,871

[​IMG]

OK, so they sanded off the corners of Eastern State Penitentiary, and reinvented the wheel.

They never seem to include them in their diversity stats. I wonder why?

9. dividebyzero

That would make it the Apple iPanopticon?
    If you add Hon Hai's 1,000,000+ workforce to the demographic I'm figuring Apple wouldn't want it's minority middle-aged male WASP employees to feel uncomfortable.

I feel the actual story seems to missing the larger point. A drone managed to successfully overfly Apple territory without being shot down.

SalaSSin likes this.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

Hahaha

True diversity, where age is not discredited.
    Did you see anyone working? Proves my theory that Apple employees live in a whole different dimension.

H3llion likes this.
  11. captaincranky

Indeed it would! It would also make the employees, "iNmates".
    Tim Cook could fill a void in the children's lives. A sort of cross between a, "Great White Father", and Chairman Mao. All that's left is to get them all reading a little red book with the "Apple" logo on the front titled, "The Press Release Quotations of Chairman Tim".
    The phaser turrets should be in place before anybody gets a chance to try a second flyover.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. Did they build the campus by machining a (huge) single billet of aluminium too? just like other apple products? :D

13. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +154

Hollywood celebrities probably already feel better, knowing their money is spent right.

14. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

Reminds me of Mos Eisley.

"Obi Wan : You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

15. captaincranky

Nah, it's "Farpoint Station" from Star Trek Next Generation.
    [​IMG]

Except in this case, Apple is sucking their energy from the entire Country of China.:oops:

Here's the interior view: [​IMG]

16. dividebyzero

I thought Apple drew it's energy from Hipster power - the renewable and ironic energy source?

Burty117, Arris and H3llion like this.
  17. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,254   +222

These comments are priceless, thanks all, you made my morning! :D

yRaz likes this.
  18. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

It should've been built on higher ground so that iExecs could gaze down upon their subjects grovelling all around them fighting for the crumbs from their table.

19. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

It will be, they have to complete the dungeons first.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  20. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

For anyone who dares enter their domain with an Android or Windows device in their pocket.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  21. captaincranky

Not true! If it were, they would have announced how, "we're paying for it solely with Bitcoin and funding from Kickstarter"..

22. I'm more impressed by the drone camera and stability.