Dropbox releases transparency report, says 80% of law enforcement requests came with gag orders

1. Dropbox has released its latest transparency report, revealing that the company received 268 law enforcement requests for user information and between 0 to 249 national security requests between January and July 2014.

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,379

The way I read into it, there was a staggering number of requests satisfied without any due process.

P.S. When in doubt - ask Mr. Snowden :)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

Who puts important information on the cloud? like are you serious?
    Darkshadoe likes this.
  4. I'm not using Dropbox since they invited that wh*re
  5. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

I can't like this post enough. It's like these actresses that had their naked photos taken from their iCloud accounts. They act like victims. They should have known better than to post sensitive photos anywhere on the internet. I'm sorry they got em- bare- assed like that but, again, they should have known better.
  6. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 135   +50

Picture the scene: your house gets burgled and the police tell you, "anyone can access this street, you should have known better than to have possessions kept in a house." You trust the locksmiths that secured your house, they're trusting apple to keep their info and pics safe.

Why people blame victims of crimes is utterly beyond me.
    SalaSSin and ikesmasher like this.
  7. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Completely different scenarios. For one thing, you are there to protect your own house. Even then though, you can still be robbed.

Actually you kinda of proven my point. NOTHING is secure enough that you can trust it 100%. Also, these actresses either knew or should have known that hackers do this on a regular basis. That should have been one deciding factor in trusting Apple with their nudie pics. Another should have been why take nudie pics at all. If they want someone to see their naked body then they should just show that certain person, then none of this embarrassment wouldn't have happened.