Dsl 3mb downloading so slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crick

Ok... i got 2 pc. one i just reformated and it downloads let say gunbound at 300 kbs plus a sec, but with my other computer no matter what i download it downloads at 20-50 kbs max... why is that?? and i tried using both Usb and Ethernet but still the same dl speed.

im not sure but 512k downloads 52kb/per second

so this means 3MBit does same for 320kb/per second

U have two computer one has 300kb/per sec other has 20kb/per sec

Cumulatif of both is 320 kb/per sec

and this means no problem

i checked the network speed for the other computer and it says 100.0 Mbps

and for the computer im using now it says 12.0 Mbps..... it just happended today also i called up Qwest.. but they dont know whats the problem so yeah =/

The network speed has nothing to do with your internet connection speed.

If you download something with computer A at 300KB/s and you have 320KB/s internet capacity then it is pretty obvious that computer B can download only at 20KB/s.

I you get slow speeds even when there are no other computrs using the internet bandwidth then you should look or possible bottlenecks in software. Disable any Norton products. If that doesn't help, turn off all firewalls and antivirus (it's relatively safe since you have a router) and see if there is any improvement. Update the network card drivers.

i did all that .... same thing. 2 days ago both were download at the same rate 300kbs plus.... and now its just 1 pc.. this has never happen before.

Crick said:
Ok... i got 2 pc. one i just reformated and it downloads let say gunbound at 300 kbs plus a sec, but with my other computer no matter what i download it downloads at 20-50 kbs max... why is that?? and i tried using both Usb and Ethernet but still the same dl speed.
First, there's always the question of Which Tool Got these numbers?
I highly recommend http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and choose a test host nearest to you.

Second, I have Norton AV and Internet Security and get numbers like
4834kb down and 431kb up, so these are not an issue when testing the
bandwidth correctly. HOWEVER, everything is suspect when diagnosing a problem.

You do not describe the network config, just '2 pc'.
..Is this a Star Network, eg: modem--router--(pc-1 and pc-2)?
..or a serial lan, eg: modem--pc1--pc2 (if so, which pc are you testing?)
What OS are you running?

Pc 1-USB-Xp Home Edition.

Download Speed: 489 kbps (61.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 406 kbps (50.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Pc 2-Ethernet- Xp Home Edition.

Download Speed: 2477 kbps (309.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 525 kbps (65.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

and i disable my AVP and Firewall... just to make sure.

im on qwest dsl..

Crick said:
Pc 1-USB-Xp Home Edition.
...Download Speed: 489 kbps (61.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
...Upload Speed: 406 kbps (50.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Pc 2-Ethernet- Xp Home Edition.
...Download Speed: 2477 kbps (309.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
...Upload Speed: 525 kbps (65.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
and i disable my AVP and Firewall... just to make sure.
im on qwest dsl..
but you do not address
jobeard said:
..the network config, just '2 pc'.
..Is this a Star Network, eg: modem--router--(pc-1 and pc-2)?
..or a serial lan, eg: modem--pc1--pc2 (if so, which pc are you testing?)

Please tell us exactly what boxes are connected to what using what. A la your DSL modem connects to ... using a ... cable. PC1 is connected to ... and ... using ... and ...

So you have one PC with an USB cable dangling out of it and another PC with a loose ethernet cable?

We know that you have two computers and you are doing something with USB and something with ethernet. The question is how is everything connected.

Take that USB cable and go see what is in the other end. Tell us what it is. Then take that ethernet cable and go see what is at the other end of that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back