I'm having a weird DSL problem that I cannot solve. Recently I helped a neighbor install a new Ethernet connected Verizon DSL modem and activate service on a Windows PC. The problem is that most, but not all, web pages will simply not load. When a URL is entered the browser attempts to load the page but never does. The browser doesn't time out or hang since I can click 'stop' and enter a new URL at any time. I've tried IE Explorer, Netscape 8.1 and Firefox and the problem is the same. The situation gets more confusing because some web pages (i.e. Google, Google mail and a few others) display without a problem. According to Verizon the hookup is live and they can ascertain no detectable problems. They suggest it's probably a computer problem. I moved the computer to another house which also uses DSL, although it's Covad not Verizon, and everything functions perfectly. A second completely different computer was set up to replace the neighbors machine and still the exact same problem. If anyone can shed some light on this please sound off. Thanks.