TechSpot

DSL/Geforce 2 MX400 prob

By Cecil_IV
Oct 8, 2002
  1. why the hell does all my games keep stopping or should i say pausing for a milisecond, every 4 seconds when I use my dsl connection, even tho i'm playing in single player ? it freezes every thing for about a tad second, every 4 seconds, then the cycle goes on! and its annoying me. How can I run a smooth game? WHat is going on here? How can I fix this problem? Plz help me i'm desperate!
    I have a decent comp with a P4 1.6 ghz, 256 mg ddr ram, geforce 2 mx 400, winXP.

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Does the problem go away if you disable your DSL connection?

What game are you playing, specifically?

What resolution/graphic settings are you running?

Is anything running in the background?

I don't know if a Geforce2 MX400 can qualify as decent :rolleyes:

Do you have the latest NVIDIA, DirectX, OpenGL, etc. drivers installed?

Is there an IRQ conflict within your Device Manager?

3. Cecil_IV

Cecil_IV TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes it goes away if i dont connect to dsl

it applies to all games that i play even in single players

1000 x 700 resolution

i run norton which is no problem theres i even unistall and it still dont work.

Geforce 2 mx400 kicks *** when i play ut or cs.

I alrdy tried installing the detenators 41.0 i think, and the problem still not go away.

what is irq?

4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

IRQ means interrupt request. Go to the System control panel -> Device Manager. If you see any yellow/red exclamation points or question marks it means there's a problem.

Don't you mean 1024x768? ;)

Try installing old drivers. Your MX400 might not like the 41.10's, or a few newer ones.

Do you run KaZaA?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.