DSL modem issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
This is my first post as a new member. Anyway, I recently upgraded the frimware on my Speedstream 4100 DSL modem. It works fine, however, now when the phone in my house rings, I lose my internet connection and have to re-boot my PC to re-connect. Turning the modem off and on does not help. I've checked the modem settings and all appears ok as best I can tell. I use SBC Yahoo as my ISP and I have a Dell XP machine. Any ideas?

you need filters for EVERY device attached to the phone line EXCEPT the modem.

Thanks JO. I should have mentioned that I already have filters on all the phones and none on the modem. Also, everything was working properly prior to the firmware update. I updated the firmware to take care of issues with accessability to some web pages that I had no problems with before and with slow connection speeds.

If phone rings are causing line droppage - one or more of your filters is either missing, or faulty.

That's right Tedster thanks,
It has been many years since I have messed with DSL... I forgot about this. A power surge from a lightening strike can take these filters out very easily without any warning

Thanks for all the info. Apparently, the phone company was in the neighborhood the last 2 days (including into the junction box at the back of my house). All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back