DSL/Outlook Express problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

Thanks for answering Peddant, but that was one of the first things I tried. The others were checking Outpost firewall for access, rebooting the 2-Wire Modem, rebooting the computer, calling Verizon my ISP, (they said get a new modem); tried that too with Westell 2200 went back to my 6 year old 2-Wire . My E-mail scanner is AVG free. Any other ideas my wife is driving me crazy about this.

Ok then,have you tried going into Tools/Accounts/Properties/Advanced and increasing the server timeout.

My thinking being,that if it the problem only happens occasionally,maybe the server gets busy sometimes.

more likely that the DNS is not responding 100% of the time.

I've been noticing timeouts and page not found for systems and pages know
to exist. in the browser, hit STOP and then REFRESH and the page is displayed.

running ping -n 1000 -w 5000 $myisp-domain.com
has been showing anywhere from 3-7% loss!

it just doesn't matter the program that made the request; if it does not get a
reply, lost packets will cause bogus errors that otherwise would be cause for concern.

I finally found out whats wrong with my Outlook.
It seems that Verizon/Yahoo has a "issue" with the connetion between Verizon and Yahoo and is affecting appx: 10-15% of their client base that is using the Verizon/Yahoo option. I got a Tech willing to talk at 2:30 am, I will be changing back to just Verizon on Monday.
Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back