TechSpot

Dual Booting With Win2000

By Cucumber
Jun 16, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey lads i just set up Win2000...and i seem to have accidently set up dual boot with Win2000 and Win ME:confused: I didnt mean to and i cant seem to get rid of the option at boot up!

Any help would be great :D as it isnt a major problem but a bit annoying!

Thanx

Cucumber
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,522   +298

edit your boot ini, you can take out the ME part completely or just set it up so your timeout is 0 seconds and your default os is 2000.
  4. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 203

Man i love this site:D Every question has the perfect answer!
    Thanks people:grinthumb

Just another quick little question, we have a laptop with Win2000 pro....and when it boots the "Starting Windows" screens are small and centered, while on mine they fill up the entire screen. It isn't a problem but is there any way i can change mine to be like that, as it looks a lot neater.

Thanks again

Cucumber
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

That depends on the resolution used in the desktop and laptop's display zooming feature (if it has one).
  6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I think it might be the screen not being able to go down to 320*240 ( or the DOS resolution 80*55 characters ) so the image is "unzoomed".
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.