Dual channel memory, all 4 banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running my system using 2 of my 4 banks in dual channel with a matched pair of 512MB PC 3200 sticks of Ram. So riddle me this, I now want to fill the other 2 banks with another 2 sticks of 512MB PC 3200 Ram. If the new pair I'm getting is comparable specs, the only difference being that the set I already have is Corsair, and the new set will be Kingston, should that create any problems for me? I'm not worried about very small drops in effeciency, b/c I'll just overclock untill I am back to normal or beyond, but I just want to make sure that all 4 banks don't have to be identical, just each set of two.?

& we are supposed to guess the system specs on which you will install the extra Ram ?

Lol, ok. My motherboard is a P4p800 deluxe. I have a P4 2.8 ghz processor with 800mhz FSB. In memory channel A, I have 2 sticks of matched 512MB Pc3200 DDR from Corsair. In the 2 banks which comprise channel B, I have nothing, but am wondering if a matched pair of Centon 512MB Pc3200 DDR sticks will work in dual channel as well. Will the different matched pairs still work?

50/50

Intel boards are more finicky about memory than ASUS boards are though (the p4p800 is asus, correct?), but you're just gonna have to try it to find out.

You might get lucky and have it work great, or it might outright refuse to post.

Just make sure you get a return policy and a warranty.

i have a gigabyte board and i know that i need to fill any 2 banks with a dual sided or single sided ram while the other 2 can only be single sided. i dont know if this is the case with the asus boards, but it should say in your manual, which i think is a really interesting to read when doing something like that. if your mobo can only accept registered ram, you may run into some problems, but as long as you do what it says in the manual, you would be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back