Dual Channel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am building my new computer and I have ran into a little trouble. The heatsink for my cpu looks like it could possibly be in the place of the DIMM_A1 slot on my motherboard. I have dual-channel ram and I wanted to know if I can install the ram in dual-channel config in the B channel instead of the A?

Motherboard: A8V-E Deluxe

Noble

Noble said:
Hello,

I am building my new computer and I have ran into a little trouble. The heatsink for my cpu looks like it could possibly be in the place of the DIMM_A1 slot on my motherboard. I have dual-channel ram and I wanted to know if I can install the ram in dual-channel config in the B channel instead of the A?

Motherboard: A8V-E Deluxe

Noble

Have you read your motherboard manual or website for more information before you post this threads?

yes, it does not tell me if I could use either channels. Only that both are capable for dual-channel config.

All right, I must apologize for the confusion about Dual-Channel issues.

I have checked out the ASUSTEK website and i found some information on your question.

The manual for A8V-E Deluxe stated that you cannot install a dual-channel ram into B, only A. Slot B is reserved for single channel ram. Sorry.

Read on for more information in PDF... A8V-E Deluxe Manual (Viewed as PDF

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back