Dual Core 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded to the Dual Core 2 2.13Ghz processor. It seems to me it is running slow when I have a couple of things running. Example, if I am unzipping something and then try to do something else it seems sluggish to me. I have 2 gigs of 667mhz ram. I think that is good enough. I guess I am not blown away with this supposed great speed that comes with Dual core processors. Any advice as to what I could be missing.

You need to check what processes and apps you have running. Resource-hogging AV software like Norton and McAfee slow down things considerably, as do viruses and trojans. Use AVG Free and anti-spyware like Ad-Aware & Spybot: Search & Destroy to keep ur PC free of these things. And if ur using Norton or McAfee, uninstall them and install the above apps instead (google for them).

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
You need to check what processes and apps you have running. Resource-hogging AV software like Norton and McAfee slow down things considerably, as do viruses and trojans. Use AVG Free and anti-spyware like Ad-Aware & Spybot: Search & Destroy to keep ur PC free of these things. And if ur using Norton or McAfee, uninstall them and install the above apps instead (google for them).

I do not use Norton or McAfee, I use AVG. I also check almost every other day for spyware using Ad-Aware & Spybot.

Bluemouse said:
what are the rest of your comp specs? mobo?
Jetway 75GT1-LOGE LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back