Dual Display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didou

I'm having a little problem with my DualView setup & I was wondering if someone could help.:)

Specs :

Win2K SP4
GF4 4200 64mb
nVidia Dets 44.03
LG 19" ( 1280*1024@85hz ) & SONY 17" ( 1024*768@85hz )
The SONY screen is connected to a DVI-VGA gender changer on the DVI port & the LG on the VGA port (in case that could help ).

By default, you have the same background (wallpaper) for both screens. The nVidia drivers allow you to have different backgrounds, but when I enable that option, a portion of the left screen wallpaper crosses over on the right screen.

When you look at the windows display panel, I placed the screen N°2 on the left ( because that's how it's set in reality on my desk ). If I place the screen N°2 on the right in the windows display panel, the wallpapers are placed correctly.:confused:

Does anyone here have a similar setup ?

adjust

the arrangement of your monitor cables to reflect correct positioning

i dont have a similar setup and i dont have any computer at all, btw, and i wont help you even if i could :p :evil: :evil:

and, he smacks timmoore

with a huge didou!!!........read "i'm back" in "the meeting spot"...........hehehehe :eek:

What happens if you set both monitors to same resolution? It looks a bit like it's somehow related to 2048 pixels width..

hahahaa

JSR > yes, good memory !

Mic > well Didou got this card and gave the 8500 to me because the 8500 was forcing the same resolution on both monitors so ...

I had sent an Email to nVidia but never got a reply. Last night I tried the 52.16 drivers & the issue has now been fixed.:grinthumb

MultipleBackgrounds.PNG

Hey hey hey hey hey!! I can help!

I occasionaly use Dual Display on my Radeon 9700PRO and when i first started using it It did what urs did. BUT (a big but) I figured out a way to overcome it.

One problem is that i've just realised that because you hav a nvidia card and i have ati there may be different settings but check this out anyways:

(do all this with 1 monitor)
1. First check that ur driver is completely up to date.
2. Then check your BIOS on your card is up to date.
3. On your desktop wallpaper right click and click on 'properties'.
4. Then onto the settings toolbar.

(i know this is obvious so far but i need to check you know where 2 go)

5. Then onto the advanced button.
6. Puis, onto the monitor toolbar and this is where it might be different.
7. On my Radeon driver advanced settings it has an option for 'CLONE MODE'.

(TO MAKE SURE, YOU DO WANT BOTH MONITORS DOING THE SAME THING?
OR DO YOU WANT THE LEFT MONITOR SHOWING HALF OF THE SCREEN AND THE RIGHT MONITOR SHOWING THE OTHER HALF?)

8. I had problems with the left monitor showing half and the right monitor showing the other half thing and it came out like your problem.
9. So if there is a clone mode and both monitors doing the same thing is what you want then activate it. If there isn't an option then you need to contact NVDIA again and ask where the clone mode is. If they don't understand what you mean because Ati call their option 'CLONE MODE' then say ' it's when both monitors replicate each other'.

I really hope this works out 4 you like it did 4 me. Dual Display is great when u get it working!:grinthumb

Well no, I don't see the use of having two monitors if it's to have the same output on both.;)

I use both monitors for an extended desktop. My only problem was when I tried to have a different wallpaper for each screen. The wallpaper on the left was the only problem as it would be shifted to the left but it has been fixed in the 52.16 drivers.

Didou,

Did you originally try to redesignate which monitor is #1? Then Monitor #2 would have been on the right and it might have worked properly?

It did not work no matter how I tried it. No matter which monitor was #1 or #2. As long as the screen on the left was 1024x768 & the one on the right 1280x1024, I would get that wallpaper error.

The fact that it now works in the same conditions simply with a driver update, makes me believe the error wasn't on my part.

Is it possible to get a screensaver running on each monitor? I couldn't find it anywhere in the NVidia detup screens?

Recent screen savers are 3D applications just as Demos or Games & as such they will most likely default on the primary screen ( unless there's an option to specify the screen ).

I think it's very unlikely that it would be possible to run separate screen savers on each screen the same way it is ( almost ) impossible to run different games on each screen.

Maybe you could find a screen saver that supports Dualview ?

LNCPapa,

Thanks... I tried it and it works very well so far... not all screensavers work but some do... So I have an aquarium on my main monitor and a picture slideshow on the 2nd monitor. I also like that it places an icon on the bar at the top of a program allowing you to quickly send it to the other monitor. So far really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back