Dual Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow_Rains

I'm having trouble Putting two Hard drives to work at the same time, The computer reads it but i only see drive c Not D or anything.
Can anyone help me please?

Are they both IDE hard drives? If so, did you set the jumpers correctly? If you know you set all the jumpers correctly and everything, go to start>control panel>Administrative tools>Computer Management>Storage and see if the hard drive is shown there. If it is, it means it has not yet been formatted and you must format it before you can use it. However, if it doesn't appear here, that means either the jumpers are improperly configured or the hard drive isn't plugged in properly.

if the computer is seeing it in the bios, when you get into windows and it still cant see 'd'.
right click on my computer (im assuming u'r using winxp) and goto 'manage'
then in the list on the left click on disk management, if windows can see the drive you will have a black bar down the bottom of that screen representing the unformatted disk, right click on it and either make a partition or just format the whole partition into a drive, to save yourself a few hours, just do a quick format to save time. that should fix your problem :D

-james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back