Dual monitors and TV-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have just bought a new monitor and want to use my old one as a second monitor. This was no problem and I strech out the desk unto this sec monitor. The problem arise when I want to use my tv-out to see a movie etc on the TV. I can't find a way to clone the TV as I used to as I have the other monitor as stretch. How can I set this up to be able to use my monitors and the TV at the same time? I have a HighTech X800 Pro (Ati) which have one DVI, one VGA and one TV-out. The new monitor is set to the DVI, the old one to the VGA and the TV is of course connected to the TV-out.

On the Control Panel -> Display -> Properties I only see my two computer monitors, not the tv. But when I go to Control Panel -> Display -> Properties -> Advanced - Displays I have all three monitors to choose from. But I can't clone on the tv at the same time I have extended desktop for the two other monitors.

Ideas of settings or program I can use to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know there's always been a 2 output max on these generations of graphic cards, both ATI and Nvidia. So you could use any 2 configurations, but not enable all three of them.

Then there is the question if there is any program which will make it easy to swith between the different setups. The built in schema doesn't work when the extended mode is on.

As I own an Nvidia graphics card I don't know much about this, But I've heard good things about the OImega ATI drivers, It seems they're very good in their functionality Overclocking etc, so mr omega probably also addressed the build up scheme issue on ati owner's request.

www.omegadrivers.net if you haven't yet try these out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back