Dual Screen Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Gunn

Hi everybody,

I've had this e-GeForce 7600 GT Graphics card made by Evga and Nvidia.
And I have this other screen that I just got, wanted too hook it up and dual screen with. Can anybody help?

Here are the specs:

DDR 2
512 MB
AGP 8X
has a DVI input, that is currently in use.
And an VGA input.
All video Software is installed.

if both monitors use DVI get an adapter to conver the other connector. that is all it would take.

Once the screen is hooked to the VGA output (it's not an input), you have to activate it from the Display Preferences or from within the nView utility.

yea, but in the software I have you chose the other monitor, so when I go to chose my second monitor, its not there...

have u tested the other monitor to make sure it is still working, it sounds like it is not.

The monitor needs to be powered on during the boot in order for the operating system to detect its presence. Is that the case here ?

Goin the Desktop management part of the nVidia control panel & then launch the Display Wizard. See if you can get it up & running from there.

Well you had better have both screen plugged in & powered on constantly if you want to have a dual view configuration.

Try setting it in Windows settings.
Right click your desktop and click Properties. Go to the "Display Properties" tab and you should see two squares labeled 1 and 2. These are your two monitors.

Play around with the settings here. Right click monitor #2 and click Activate (or something along that context, I don't recall the actual settings). The settings in this dialog alone should allow you to set each of the possible dual-monitor scenarios.

hey everyone. I got both screens running, but its stretched...is it supposed to be that way? I'm not sure if its supposed to be that way.

Steve Gunn said:
But now I got another problem. How can I set the desktop screensavers to 2 different screen savers?

you cant. there might be a 3rd party app out there somewhere, but ive never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back