Dual Screen Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I set up two monitors as dual screen, one of them is a flatscreen 19" LCD and the other is one of those old monitors abouot 17" and the case is like a box heres the issues....

1.when i run the lcd in its max resolution (which is normally fine(1440x900)) it cuts off about an inch of the screen (the clock and some icons in the system tray). when i bring it down to the next compatibable resolution ( the same reso as the old monitor),its ok but then it looks all weird and not as nice as 1440x900

2.is there a program that i can use to get 2 task bars (one for each monitor) that only show programs that are actully on their screen?

3.when running full screen apps like games etc how come i cant use the 2nd monitor for the internet or MSN and stuff and is there a way to stop it locking the mouse to the 1st moniter and letting me use the second one without it actully minimizing my game?

Thats all my issues, thanks in advance guys :D

What are your system specs? What video card(s) are you using? What is your operating system? XP what?

some games don't like to share screenspace when in full screen. Especialy those that change its resolution to something else (eg an old game like RA2 etc) since they also change both monitors' resolutions.Thats why i mostly play hl2/cs in window mode.. (it seems to improve some performance as well for me) otherwise having IE/browser on one screen and msn on another works just well (since they're natively windowed anyways).

are you running in extended desktop or clone mode?

if cloned, maybe the 17" can't handle the resolution that high or something.
if extended, you'll still be missing the bottom bit on the 17" screen (since its not there) but its not really missing.. more like cut because of two different resolutions..

I'm not sure of your setup, but those are my observations when i work with dual screens.. i've never managed to get my start bar to extend through both monitors before... its probably possible (i've seen it..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back