Dual screens- Getting video to play across both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midgetmax

Hey. i have recently upgraded to 2 19" Widescreens for duals. i have tryed a few media playings, but none seem to work.(WMP, WinAmp, Zoom player). I am trying to get the dideo to play on both monitors as one big screen. when i make it go full screen it plays half the video on the primary monitor, but the secondary is black. i tryed messing with setting a little, but nothing worked. Does anyone know a media player or settings to get video to play across duals?

Comp Specs..
2x 512 Ram
330 GB HDD
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHz
ATI X1300 Video card
Win. XP Home

I have 22"x2 dual lcd, and I dont think you can get video to play across both unless you stretch the windows across them yourself. Maybe if you had a good enough video card with huge resolution capabilities then maybe, but I'm running two 7950's and I cant do it like that.

You can't tell the program to fullscreen and have it work afaik. But it is possible to have video split and playing on both. I never watch video like this, but occationally I'll drag video from 1 monitor to the other and when I'm halfway there video is playing on both.

This p[problem is weird, i have spent a lot of time playing with it, and have actually got it to work. I have the resolution set to 2560 x 1024, and have the single screen horizontally stretch instead of extending it. but the weird thing is, is the video will only play across both screens if i open the media player first, then the video through there. But if i open the video file from a folder or something, it will not stretch across both. If i try, it plays on one, but the other one is a black screen where the video should play. If i transfer the video over half to the second screen it starts playing on that one and is black on the original starting screen. it might not make sense, but thats as clear as i can explain it.

why do yo have the resolution so high, you should have it set for the maximum on the individual monitors, and download a program that will let you utilize both together, use ultramon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back