TechSpot

dual Xeon 3040

By cm1286
Oct 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want some opinions of the idea of getting two Xeon 3040 and a server motherboard to make one hell of a powerfull machine. Bad idea or one that could be very fast
  2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 272

You might as well just buy a Dual core processor, it would be just as good and cheaper.
  3. cm1286

cm1286 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 83

By saying I want opinions I mean somewhat knowledgeable ones aka ones that know that the Xeon 3040 is a dual core
  4. cm1286

Now I stand corrected since my theory of this great computer cant really exist sone the conroe Xeon processor isnt socket 771 but actually 775. Since no one makes a dual socket 775 there really is no way to put two 3040 in the same computer sorry for the wild goose chase.
  5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

What are you saying? He obviously knows what he is talking about if he is replying, and he is also right by the way.
  6. cm1286

Um he isnt right Xeon 3040 is a dual core processor so two of them would equate toso mething like the Mac Pro that has 4 processing cores in two seperate processors clearly four cores is better then 2 cores
  7. F1N3ST

F1N3ST Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,088

8. cm1286

Thanks finest I saw that a read a lot of it good to see u got ur cookie I never saw any of the benchmarks those guys did can u tell me if they ever did post any results
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.