dumping physical memory to disk...help needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey p

hello people,
ive got a pc which ive had since late september, but im having many problems with it. at the moment it keeps on displaying the dumping physical memory to disk screen.
its given me lots of different error codes and i dont know what to do next or what the cause can be.
ive had codes like-

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
0*00000050
win32.sys

0*0000000C5

0*00000008E

0*00000000A
IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL
0*0000000D1
USBPORT.SYS

ive done a memory test no errors found.
the only other suggestion ive had which could be causing problems is the temp that my cpu runs at. it was running at about 65oC but ive changed it on BIOS setting to run at 35oC so it now runs at 40oCish but it still shows the blue screen.
they have suggested to get new cpu fan and two system fans to keep stuff cool. what are u suggestions as solutions and causes??????
any help apprieciated- mikey p

today ive had to repair windows (when it first booted today) so i tried it by installing a new copy on, but it showed the blue screen twice whiles doing (when it got about halfway) this so i repaired it through chkdsk /r and then it finished the new installation.

being as it doesnt have a consistant fault code could it be a hardware fault???
thanks

ok the next step ive tried is i have downloaded Microsoft Debugging Tools and got loads of reasons some have shown a few times, like- memory curruption, win32k.sys, hardware, ntkrnlmp.exe,
where can i go from here???

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach zip file here. You can find the minidump at the folder \windows\minidumps

Minidumps- I hav loads of different ones this is just a taster.haha

Attachments

• Mini121206-04.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 23
Faulty ram

Two minidumps are crashed with general page fault. One minidump is crashed at IRQL 28 (ie clock level IRQL) and one minidump is crashed with illegal instruction. Two minidumps are crashed at win32k.sys. All of the crashes are related to faulty ram. Reseat the memory module to anoterh memory slot. If it still crashes, run memtest to diagnostic which memory module is bad.

ok i have found another possible cause.
i brought some new fans for my pc as it was running pritty warm 65oC ish so i brought a new cpu fan and two system fans, and the dump happend more often then ever about every 20mins ish. so i put my old fan back in and it now does it less often so could this be pointing to a power problem, as these can cause dumps and random crashes/restarts cant they???
cheers

Hi,

Hardware problem occurs randomly. Severe hardware problem, windows re-boot and no minidump is taken. Minor hardware problem, windows recovery takes over. It tries to recover windows. If it is non-recoverable, windows crashes with BSOD and takes a minidump. Windows diagnostic is still in-mature and only limited information is provided. From the minidump, it is very hard to determine whether the culprit is faulty ram, PSU, CPU, video card, m/b or overheat.

what other information do you want to get a better diagnostic???
do you want a few more of my minidumps. i hav plenty.haha

is faulty ram still a possible cause after i have done memtest. should i run it again??
once the fans are in it runs cooler about 35oC-45oC ish, but it playes up more when they are in.
cheers for your help

If you overclock the ram, reset it to original value. Some faulty ram can pass memtest. Replace the ram from the another PC. If your windows does not crash, the culprit is ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back