By kindery
Jun 18, 2005
  1. This is my spec
    P4 3.2E
    DDR 400 512x2 ( Kingmax and kingston )
    Inno 3d Geforce 6600 256 mb
    Maxtor HDD 160 GB ATA
    Enemax PSU 450 W

The plobem is when I play some games like GTA Sanandreas, Riddick,NWN,Sikent Hunter 3 in some stage of the game my computer would appeared ''dead blue screen'' it displayed like memory dumping and restart itself
    Strange is it would happen in the same stage as ever like In Bard's Tale it would happen in middle of the den only r in Riddick it would happen in exercise room only

What should I do please Help!!!

Ps I'm italian so sorry for my lame language
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

hen Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump
    Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.
  3. frhrwa

frhrwa TS Rookie

I have basically, a brand new HP/Compaq Presario R3000 ... I bought this new from Fry's, it died 2 weeks later, they wouldn't service or replace it.. said to go to HP.. I tried that, HP wanted me to disassemble it and do some testing with them.. I didn't pay $1300 for a new laptop to learn how to work on laptops, so.. I refused to work on it.. told them it was their warranty, they should take care of it.. needless to say, I have a dead Laptop that they won't warranty.. so.. what it does, or did, was come up with a blue screen of death, bunch of error codes, then says starting Physical Memory Dump, runs off huge numbers, then wa la.. its gone.. finally now, it does NOTHING.. won't even start up.. tried reload, finally got it to go all the way to the drivers disc supplied, then up comes the BSD and the Physical memory dump thing.. history repeats itself and its a black flat plastic thing that does nothing once again.. any ideas? or anyone know anyone that has had experience fixing this? or?.... thanks for any suggestions.. I've tried other forums, I've even gone to the CEO of HP.. his secretary basically said "get lost"... .. I did replace the memory, to no avail.. one tech said bad motherboard, another said good MB but bad BIOS chip.. so ?
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

You can disable that dump restart action by going:

on the desktop, right click on my computer
    click on properties
    click on Advanced
    Scroll down to you see Startup and Recovery
    Click on Settings
    Scroll down to system failure
    Uncheck all the boxes
    Scroll down to Write debugging infofmation
    Select (none)
    Click okay

Now go and do a search for these *.dmp files and delete them all. You don't need to have them wasting up space on HDD.
  5. frhrwa

frhrwa TS Rookie

only works if your computer will start.. this one is dead.. won't do ANYTHING.. absolutely vanilla.. nada.. out to lunch.. gone, yesterdays underbritches.. not sure what to do with it now...
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Well that's a shame but FRY in CA doing that, such a big chain in electronics. Can you take it back for a refund?
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

don't mix ram brands and types. Read upgrading ram and troubleshooting in the guides forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.