Duron 1300 = no POST ( amd help! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzmnky

amd help!

I just bought a used 1.3 duron (DHD1300AMT1B) cpu from ebay. But when I install it, my computer won't boot up. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-7IEX4. The cpu has a 200 fsb, I was grounded, and I already updated the BIOS. Am I missing something or was it just DOA?
Any help would be much appreciated. Or any suggestions on where to buy one that would work for my mobo would be great. Thanks!

- Title edited
Didou

Do you get any video? Beep codes? LED's lighting up?
Try reseting the BIOS to default settings.

what speed is your ram?. have you had a look at the manual on the slowest chip you mobo can take. check the multipliers.

Assuming that fuzmnky mis-typed the model number, here is the list of compatable CPU's for his motherboard.

I'm not at my computer now, but I don't remember any beep codes or lights going off.

Multipliers! I completely forgot to check the multipliers. I'll set them up as soon as I get home and post the results.

Just out of curiousity, what would ram speed have to do with my cpu not working?

I'll post back up in a few hours.

When you power on your machine, do the hard disks spin up? The heatsink fan come on? Power supply fans come on?

Try setting you cpu power setting on your motherboard to the defult voltage... Set freq. to the defult of 100 mhz for now see if it will boot up sometimes this works and sometimes not .. you can also try changing the bios battery let us know..

tbrunt3

Hard disks spin, all fans run. Freq already set at 100 and my motherboard is suppose to auto detect the cpu voltage. Is there a way to over-ride it? Should I?

I mean, I did buy this thing from ebay, the guy said it worked-but who knows? I just am wondering if I should keep tinkering with it or just send it back and put the money towards an Athlon.

Well sice you computer already has a 200fsb wich is 100x2 =200 i believe you are stuck personally I would not buy computer parts off of ebay I use http://www.essencompu.com/index.asp?rvid=7231

one of the top ones next to newegg.com

I get a better board see about getting a refund and get a athlon xp procrossor and a good motherboard a Leadteck ,Ause or a Msi with a Nivida chipset for AMD great combo.

It's settled then. Money towards an Athlon. Not looking for a mobo upgrade just yet. The problem is that this one runs sdram and all the good boards don't. So this cpu upgrade is suppose to get me through until I get out of college.
I don't recall "100%" but he did say "good working condition", maybe a presumed too much?
Anyway, thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back