DVD/CD Player not working in WIN10

Harry_Beast

Its funny how the dvd player will run WIN installation disk,vid card software ,mobo software and such,but not audio or video cd and dvds!!!
Everything ran good in WIN7 !!!!! (LOL what else )The player itself is a Samsung 2011 vintage,the driver is 2006!! and that is the only driver available!! Also the original rig was a 2011 ,but due to a processor meltdown ,I replaced the Mobo, processor,vid card and ram in 2015 !! Thus I am thinking the CDDVDW should be upgraded too!
Also there is info around that WIN10 won't play media unless you buy the app!
So---if I do buy a WIN10 compatable CDDVDW ,what is the recommended freeware version of the media app??

I would try the solution to your other problem first and then see if it will work... apparently all Windows drivers are dated 2006 and maybe that is what you have... there was an article that said the date was 'phony' in order to get system to use other drivers if found.

I have W10 on a couple of computers and no problems playing media. I'm using VLC media player and have never had to install drivers for a DVD rom drive. I think this is "fake news" spread by Windows 10 haters, :)

Last edited:
Back