Dvd/cd-rewritable will play but not burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

blentz

hello ijust put a new mother board and cpu in my tower and thanks you all you and techspot, i have been able to get all of that going good, thanks to you all. but my dvd burner will not burn. i do have a dvd just player and a burner. all i did was swith them over and did not change any cables or jumpers, but i do have new windows xp. it has detected both drives and they both play cd,s dvd,s and when i but a blank dvd-r cd it ask says that it is blank. i don't have any real software for the burner. it is a nec dvd/cd rewritable drice----model nd-1300a at least that what windows says that it is. do i need to download drivers or some kind of software for it to burn? thank again for all the help.

xp uses a default cd burner utility ,but no support for dvd
free burner Deepburner pro
google it nice error free app.

yes i put in a cd-rw cd and was able to save like pictures and files, so i guess i will have to get a dvd burning - software to down load video or use the dvd-r cd that i have, thanks for the help

how old is the drive, b/c cd/dvd drives tend to only last about 3-4 years b4 they start to end their life cycle, but then again it may just b b/c u need the right software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back