DVD combo driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russill

Hello people i dont know much about this stuff so please bear with me :)

Downloaded Dvd genie....Changed the region code on the dvd drive ,not knowing anything about rpc-2 or whatever it is, which left the drive permanently set to region 1 with no changes left....

Somehow managed to reset it (dont know how ) so that it now plays region 2 discs (with 4 changes left)...the problem is the drive no longer recognises conventional CD roms or music cd's and will not play them...:mad:

I've tried installing new firmware but this makes no difference

Somebody must have a clue as to what I'm missing....

Details below..

DVD combo by samsung model sm -308B (t-100 firmware)

using windows ME

Try uninstalling dvd genie. Some of these region free software utilities can stop your combo drive from recognising normal cds. This has happened to me in the past, though it wasn't dvd genie that I used.

Can you try booting with a boot cd (e.g. winxp cd) and see if it is recognised. If it is, then it would appear that some software is preventing your drive from recognising cds.

Edit: Just spotted the fact that you have winme. That being the case boot to your startup disc and see if you are able to browse a cd.

I tryed that too.....i'm thinking it might have something to do with

the BIOS set up of which i know nothing about:(

I have had the opposite problem to you in the past, i.e. a samsung drive would read cd's but not DVD's, I had to replace the drive in the end.
How long has ME been on your machine? I ask because I know sometimes if it starts to become corrupt it can do some strange things.

Has it ever worked?
Or is this a new drive?
When did it stop working?
Was it after the firmware update?

worked ok before....it started not reading cd's after dvd genie locked up the region code which was before any firmware updates...

Think i'll just have to right the thing off.

zpaulius,

instead of posting what you did everywhere, just make a new thread. You can even introduce yourself that the same time. Im sure you'll get a ton more replys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back