DVD Drive - Will Recognize All But One DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaintedWisdom

Hi,
As always, thank you very much for taking the time to read my question, appreciate it.

So my DVD drive is able to read the entire collection of DVD movies I own (we talking about real/legit DVD's, not copies etc.) including foreign/other region DVD's. However, recently I bought a foreign DVD (brand new/latest release movie) and the moment I put it in it starts making this really ugly noise like if the drive is able to break. In the end it doesn't find any DVD and then it stops spinning.

Anyone know if there's anyway around this?

Note: The DVD is pristine (no scratches, marks, dirt etc. as I unwrapped the DVD and put it on my comp).

Thanks

-TW

DVD Player

Did you try Playing the DVD in a DVD player? If yes, what happened? If no, I suggest that you do so.

Did you try Playing the DVD in a DVD player? If yes, what happened? If no, I suggest that you do so.

Thanks for the reply.
While that would have been a good option my DVD player doesn't recognize any other region outside of the U.S. (1). Typically I see my movies in the computer so I never have problem with regions.

-TW

You need to find a way of trying to play the DVD. This is the only way we are gonna know if it is bad. Maybe you could play it at a friend's house.
Did you try browsing to my computer, and try to view the files on the DVD?
maybe it is a data disc with a Movie file of a specific format(avi, mpeg, divx...) This is a possibility.

You need to find a way of trying to play the DVD. This is the only way we are gonna know if it is bad. Maybe you could play it at a friend's house.
Did you try browsing to my computer, and try to view the files on the DVD?
maybe it is a data disc with a Movie file of a specific format(avi, mpeg, divx...) This is a possibility.

Yeah, I'm trying to find someone who has a region free player to test this out.
As for trying to browse the DVD, that's the first thing I did (Mycomputer --> DVD Drive -->Explore) and it simply would not recognize the DVD (like if there wasn't a DVD in the drive)

-TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back