DVD lector problem. HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I just reinstall WinXP home ed. and it has a DVD/CD ROM ATAPI combo 48Xmax. If I put a CD, its going to work and read normally but if I put a DVD movie (or normal DVD) nothing happens.The DVD lector doesnt detect anything. There is no error message, nothing.
I already update drivers, and reinstall InterVideo WinDVD 4.

What can I do, I will try every thing!!!!

Thanks!

NONE wants to help?

PLS, i feel really frustrated cuz im not able to use my DVD disks in my computer.
I put the disk (dvd) in and nothing happens so I open Windows Explorer and I click the unit D: (CD/DVD) but nothing appears.
If I use a Cd it works

What is the problem>>??

Did WinDVD4 work before? I dont recall version 4 being compaitable with XP. hae you installed any urning software?

Yes, it worked bfore with WinDVD4. But it suppose to work as well with Windows Media Player but doesnt. :(
I put the DVD in but nothing pops up, not even an error message.

do you mean that autoplay is not working? does the movie start if the disk is in the drive if you click on the WinDVD icon?

Autoplay?

Well, the autoplay for the CD works but when I put the DVD the computer makes noises and seems that is going to read but nothing happens. It is very disappointed when you dont have enven an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back