Dvd media for nec 3540a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Row1

Hello- up til now i have had no reason to burn dvds. now i want to burn dvds.

i have a nec 3540a tha burns cds very well - never any problems.

i got some blank verbatim dvd+rw discs from my dad - i can't get the dvd burner to burn. it burns cds very well no problems.

is my problem the media? i really don't know anything about dvd formats: dvd+ dvd- etc.

what type of blank dvd will work and work well with the nec 3540a? thx!!

We have seen a few drives that will not burn Verbatim or Imation media, and have intermittent troubles with Sony media... in fact Sony media is the most problematic.
But sometimes just converting to a slower burn speed is all that is needed. There should be no technical reason why Verbatim would not work. Failure rates are high in DVD-RW and CD-RW drives, and sometimes this burn problem begins to show up before they totally fail. If your drive is frequently used, or if it is a year old, or if it is a Sony, HP, or LaCie drive, you should be shopping for a replacement.

Those are what I use on all 3 NEC DVD Burners I have for the PC the newest one DL I have to use Memerox DL DVD+R 8.5GB since only one that doesn't cost so much to use. Also don't compare the SONY to NEC as NEC will burn about everything SONY won't do. I've tried SONY media I don't have a problem with the blank media though.

drive should be in great shape.

thanks for the feedback.
like i said this drive burns music and data cds no problem

i got this specific dvd drive because of the solid reviews. it is ridiculous to think that it could be failing with a low burden of use.

i have not burned a lot of cds and no dvds. maybe 40 cds at the most.

if anyone else can suggest media that gets along well with this or other similar nec dvd drives, please add your info!!

Again I've used Memorex, Verbitum, Maxell (I rather use) If you live in the states you can use Staples or Office Depot brand too, save money. They work I am about to put my burner though it's paces again. I use Nero 7 Preminum. I just installed a brand New CD-RW from Memorex 52MAX, why because I think it better to have that for CD burning and those Memorex CD Burners can be overburned, then to bound the NEC 3540A Wow! I forget I had that model. Okay I also have NEC ND2500A 8X DVD+/-RW also the ND1100A 4X DVD+RW and NEC DVD Rom also Toshiba DVD Rom. Compaq one also with built-in LightScribe feature 16X DL DVD-+RW

I suspect you may have a software problem. You did not post what type of authoring software you use. Windows does not support DVD natively.
You can check your software to see if it recognizes the Writer.
Also check the Firmware version of your burner at the Company's web for an update. These updates usually include support for more Media brands.
NEC has a good reputation for many different brands.

a got a nec 35** burns the cheapest cd' dvd's used memorx sony and realy off brand stuff
first check the softs make sure it's set to burn dvd's data or movies ,it must be set to see the type
ther's some good free stuff out there that works a treat
I burn all 1 speed under
ya I got 3 burners so I have no bottle necks data recovery and movie hobby keeps them busy

audiodvd

i never posted a follow-up- here is what happened.
those blank dvds worked fine.

i was trying to burn music files to a dvd, then play them on a dvd player, so i could play .wma audio files for a few hours, rather than the hour limit of a cd.

it turns out that you can't just make an audio dvd like you can make an audio cd, unless you get special software.

i got "audiodvd." it works great.

i have burned many dvds of music.

now at work or home, i just put a music dvd into the dvd player, and i don't have to change a cd every 45 minutes or hour, and i get 2 - 5 hours of music, depending on what i burned to the cd and how i burned it.

it is almost like radio, just going in the background without you having to do anything, but no commercials.

i am older than you youngsters so i have not yet adapted to the style of playing music through an ipod or computer, and queuing up a bunch of music files. in fact, i can't stand that, and basically only do it on my pda when traveling.

for me, it is much nicer to have different discs, in the real world, that i can pop in the player, take to work, etc. plus i can give a dvd to my parents and tell tem, 'here is 4 hours of nice classical guitar,' etc. and they can handle it without having to download, transfer, queue, make a playlist, etc. just put it in their dvd player (computer or for th etv in the living room) and play.

see ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back