DVD Playback with subtitle problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm working on a computer that is having some problems with DVD Playback. The DVD plays fine, but only when sub titles are disabled. I need subtitles on as it is a sing along DVD.

This is a retail DVD that was bought in a store.

DMA Mode is enabled, 80 conducter IDE cable connected on the secondary IDE port. This is the only drive connected on this cable.

The model of the DVD drive is a LiteOn sohc-5232k DVD/CD-RW combo drive.

Hardware acceleration is disabled.

The computer is a Windows XP Service Pack 2, 256 MB Memory, 64 Megabyte AGP video card with a 2.6 GHZ Celeron processor.

I've tried the DVD in my Macintosh and it plays just fine with sub titles turned on.

I tried to update the Firmware for the drive but it told me the firmware that was already installed was the most recent. I updated anyway, and it didn't help.

I've also shut down every program (such as virus scan) that I can find to make sure that something wasn't hogging resources.

-------------
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have tried playing another movie DVD (Bruce Almighty) and turned subt titles on and it did just fine. Smooth as can be. Also, I have tried PowerDVD and Windows Media Player. They both stutter and pause....its like it has to "think" about it before it generates the sub titles.
-----------

If anyone could give me any info on what to try I would appreciate it as I don't know where to go from here.

Thanks

Eric

Well I just changed out the cable, and hooked the DVD drive up to the Master IDE and put the Hard Drive IDE cable on the secondary.

Its working fine. Can someone tell me why that would make a difference?

Thanks for reading

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back