DVD Player not right?

Doctor Gallop

Hello everyone,
I just bought a really nice Philips DVD Player [DVP642] that plays almost every type of format. I love it! But: Maybe I'm just being paranoid, anyway, the disk draw is not completely in line the way it should be. This is kind of hard to explain with out a photo.
The left top part of the disk draw is lower than the right side, like it's not lined up right!
The draw opens and closes with no problem. I just need to know what others think about it. Could it be a problem in the future? Is it a problem waiting to happen after the Warrenty runs out?
I called Philips support [which sounded like I was talking to someone in India], and they of course said there would be no problems. But I told them to make note that I called. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

have you tried pushing it into place? Try not to put your fingers through the thingy though LOL that would hurt. :)

I have that dvd player, its a good cheap player. Why don't you return it and get a new one that doesn't have that problem, if you bought it at Wal Mart or Target they will take it back without a problem, espically if you say you are getting the same one just returning this one because it has a flaw.

The only bad thing I've heard about those players is that sometimes they have a short life span, so it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

Back