DVD plays but doesn't burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has a dvd burner - NEC ND1200A. It plays any DVD's no problems but whenever a blank DVD is inserted and we try to burn something (tried NERO plus 3 other programs) it says that there is no disc inserted. Have tried all sorts of different discs. I have no idea where to start looking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Start looking at a new burner.
Does it recognize blank CD's?

They're so cheap now, that's it's better to just buy a new one.

It's never burnt a dvd, doesn't recognise blank ones but has always played dvd's ok. Only tried to burn for the first time recently. I might try updating the firmware, is there any risk involved? It is a business computer and can't afford to have any downtime and I've never updated firmware before.

i Still have a lot of problem with my lacie dvdrw..

Please insert disk..
Drive not ready..

I updated the firmware of the drive and it seemed to help a little.

Updating firmware is RISKY.. wrong firmware download and its usualy bye bye drive. my advice. ( and what i did) is email off to your drives manufacturers and ask them exactly which download you will require.

Also my drive is very funny with burning software it likes to use..

If you can get hold of a copy of tmpgenc version 1.5 ( 1.5 is the only one my drive works with :) ) that usualy does the job!

uninstall the drivers for the dvdrw and go to the manufacturer website, download the latest drivers for it. if you need step by step directions just say so and if you cant find the drivers limme know.

Yeah, haven't been able to find driver, only the firmware from the Manufacturers site, that's why was going to give it a go, but we've decided not to now. We tried many different brands of media too. It burns CD's no probs tho. Will try tmpgenc. Will also check out that link ovvn.you, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back