DVD Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaytanic

Here is one for all you DVD Gurus out there.
First off, I have an Alienware lap top. 3.0 GHZ, 2 Gigs of pc 2700 memory, DVD-CDRW and a NVIDIA Gforce go 5600.
Every time I stick a DVD in to watch it, I get a very choppy picture and the sound doesn’t sync with the movie.
I added a Creative labs note book sound card to it and I’m running it through my lappy speakers. I didn’t get any sound before I added that.
I run it through DVD pro or Windows media player 10.
Any one have any solutions for me? I have direct x 9 and I was wondering if I got the newest drivers for my vid card if that would help. Problem with that is, I bought it used and Alienware will not let me get the drivers for it. NVIDIA doesn’t supply the drivers for this card. I have tried every thing that I know of and it’s pissing me off (to put it mildly). PLEASE HELP ME. I needs my Red Dwarf at work. Thanks for your time. :evil:

Here's a couple of things:

1. Disable any anti-virus while watching.
2. Disable any auto defragmenting programs (if you don't know what this is you probably don't have it).
3. Make sure the disc is clean and not scratched too badly.
4. It's unclear from your post if you tried watching a home DVD or a professionally made DVD. Test out an actual DVD movie.
5. Check the settings for DVD pro and WinMedia 10 and set everything to the lowest setting and work up from there.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back