Dvd Rom not in my computer

By tbrocato
Jan 29, 2006
  1. My dvd rom is all enabled and drivers are proper ones and it says in device manger that everything should be working fine but I cant view it in my computer and when I put in a dvd/cd it says no cd/dvd rom found. I am wondering what can be causing this and if anyone can help me. Thanks alot
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

Did you just install this DVD rom or has it been there and suddenly this has happened? are there any other drives on the IDe cable with this drive?
  3. tbrocato

tbrocato TS Rookie Topic Starter

This suddenly happened. NO other drives on the ide cable
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

What kind of CD related software do you have installed? CD-burning app? DVD player? ISO programs? Emulation software? CD-RW read-write monitor like Nero InCD or other?

One of these types of programs may have caused this. If it's possible, can you uninstall any such apps?

Also this can happen if the info in the "upperfilters" and/or "lowerfilters" registry keys becomes corrupt for the DVD drivers. But try to remove programs first.
    And if you want, you can do this before everything, just go in Device Manager and uninstall the DVD rom, then restart Windows and see if it's back.
  5. tbrocato

tbrocato TS Rookie Topic Starter

I uninstalled my only program powerdvd and went into device manger also and removed it and restarted and it found the drive and says eveyrhing is working ok but it still is not in my computer
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.