DVD-rom not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

need help! My dvd-rom would not open.. when I press the open button, light is blinking but wont open. I already tried to use my spare dvd rom, also it did not open. Same as the first one. Also tried to change IDEs still not opening. What should I do?

hi kheb20

On your DVD ROM you should see a very very tiny hole ... stick a pin of some sort into it and the ROM should open. By the way, it might not be opening because it's not receiving enough power from your PSU. Have you experienced any other power issues such as the pc shutting down randomly?

Spyder_1386 :)

hi,

need help! My dvd-rom would not open.. when I press the open button, light is blinking but wont open. I already tried to use my spare dvd rom, also it did not open. Same as the first one. Also tried to change IDEs still not opening. What should I do?

I think spyder might have been on the right track with the reference to the PSU - it may be failing and could cause more damage if it goes with a bang. Either replace it at once with one of at least 100Watts more or check that it is not powering things you don't need like unused hard drives and so on.

Its fully operational before so I dont think its with the power.. Is it possible because of the IDE slot may be damage? By the way there is only one IDE on my motherboard.. Its connected to my hard drive and DVD Rom..

Well, thanks for your opinions anyway! ^_^

You said in the first post that a second drive also failed to work.
Try the following:
Power off the machine and disconnect the hard drive so there is only the DVD drive on the ribbon cable. Restart the machine - it will not boot but you can see if the drive opens. If it works replace the ribbon cable.

Yeh, try and see if it will open outside of the OS, like before Windows starts to load. Also if the drive shows up in Windows, right click on it and select Eject or Open (whichever one it says) and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back