TechSpot

DVD rom problem

By wen9x88
Oct 22, 2008
  1. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
    i tried uninstall and refresh,but the problem still here.
    i m sure this dvd rom is working,but i still can install game in my xp.
    i m using dual windows.
    this problem only happen on vista.
    thank you
    [​IMG]

2. wii-ste

wii-ste TS Rookie Posts: 163

what does it say when you double-click the DVD drive in device manager?

3. wen9x88

wen9x88 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

come out with this thing.
    [​IMG]

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

If it works in XP and not in Vista, and you have a RAID Controller ! in Vista, I'd look for an updated RAID controller driver.

6. wen9x88

can u tell me where can download it ?

7. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Need some info from you

Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
    • Click File->Preferences
      • Check English
      • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
      • Close Preferences window
    • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
      • Computer
      • Motherboard
    • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
    Device Manger problem devices
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (may few second till new window opens)
    • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

8. kimsland

Excellent post LookinAround ;)

Anyway your posts are always good, whatever the content. :)

9. LookinAround

kimsland: Now you aren't just saying that because of the hot link i used to Everest are ya? ;)

10. wen9x88

thx for help everyone
    and thx for LookinAround explain,easy understand.

here is the thing u want...
    Drive Not Available
    Description CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded No
    Media Type UNKNOWN
    Name PIONEER DVR-213NP ATA Device
    Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status Error
    Transfer Rate 62400.00 kbytes/sec
    SCSI Target ID Not Available
    PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMPIONEER_DVR-213NP_______________________1.00____\5&39477FE3&0&0.0.0
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 65.50 KB (67,072 bytes), 21/1/2008 10:21 AM)

11. kimsland

12. wen9x88

13. kimsland

Single click on one at a time and do them all
    I would :)

That way, when support says have you updated all your drivers (even if you re-install, and save the drivers to a burt disc)

You can say Yep :approve:

14. LookinAround

wen9x88

Can you see the motherboard on your computer? Could you confirm (even just from matching against the picture) it's a Biostar TA770 A2+

If checks out, that Biostar link i gave above has a link to motherboard drivers. There are two SATA drivers,
    => one for Vista x86 (32bit)
    => one for Vista x64 (64bit)

To double check which you are running see: Windows: frequently asked questions

Post back to let us know if driver works!

15. wen9x88

problem solved.
    share how i solved this problem with u guys.
    "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I encountered this problem in my old desktop today and remembered some other members having the same problem,
    Code 39 corupted or missing, External DVD Writer
    driver cant detect, how to solve?? (Driver)

So I'm thinking it might be useful to put up the solution here.

Here's the solution:

Fixing Code 39 Error

If your CD-ROM drive is not visible in My Computer, you may see the following error message displayed with the CD or DVD drive item in your Device Manager. (Steps to open Device Manager are discussed later in the article.)

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Using Device Manager

To fix this error, first try to update the driver from the Device Manager. To open Device Manager, right-click My Computer on your Desktop, and then on the Hardware tab, select the Device Manager button.

In the Device Manager window, identify the CD or DVD drive item (with Yellow exclamation mark), right-click on it and select Update Driver. Follow the screen instructions to update the device driver and restart your PC.

Using Registry Editor

If updating the driver does not resolve the problem, it indicates that there is a problem in the registry. To fix this problem, you may have to remove a few keys from the registry.

Note: Be careful while working with the registry editor because changes done to the registry using the Registry Editor are irreversible and mistakes can leave you with more problems than when you started. Therefore, it is recommended that you make a backup of the registry before proceeding with the changes.

After you have removed the registry keys listed below, you will have to reinstall all applications that you use for CD or DVD recording to make them work properly.

To fix the error by editing the registry, perform the following steps:

1. Exit and close all applications currently running on your PC.
    2. On Start > Run type Regedit and press the Enter key.
    3. Next, navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4. Delete any of the following registry entries if they exist under this key:
    * LowerFilters
    * LowerFilters.bak
    * UpperFilters
    * UpperFilters.bak
    5. Restart your PC and open My Computer to ensure that the CD-ROM drive is visible.
    6. Also, open the Device Manager again to ensure that the yellow exclamation mark and the error code is now gone.
    7. Restart your PC and open My Computer to ensure that the CD-ROM drive is visible.
    8. Also, open the Device Manager again to ensure that the yellow exclamation mark and the error code is now gone.

16. LookinAround

I'm glad it works....

just a footnote: had thought you had already attempted that fix. (see kimsland's post earlier in the thread ;) )
    in any case, am glad it works again :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.