DVD RW Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am runing windows XP with 1 GB of memory with a Pioneer DVD RW DVR-107D (1D:0HA:1) drive. I have an increasing problem burining DVD's. It 1st started that the DVD's would lock up & freeze while playing some times they would continue to freeze and start. Most of the DVD's ran for about 45 minutes and this would start about 1/2 or 3/4 way through the DVD and usually 3 or 4 months after it was made. Now it's happing on DVD's that I made only a couple weeks ago and always about 3/4 of the way through the DVD. I stop using the DVD's from Tiwan and have been using Soney DVD's made in Japan and it did not correct the problem.

The DVD's I make up are family pictures & Video that run about 45 minutes and they usually take 3 hours more or less to burn the 1st one. I have not noticed any problem in a short DVD. Is it possible that the DVD burner could burn ok for a short time and malfunction when it had to run contionusly for 3 or more hours. I have been using a program called MY DVD that I import the file's into in a AIV format to burn to DVD. I also have been setting up a lot of chapters one about every 3 or 4 minutes can that cause any problem DVD.

I appreciate any help I don't know if the problem is my DVD RW drive or the software I use to burn DVD or some thing stupid I am doning. I am sure of one thing it is contuning to get worse even with the better quality DVD's Thank You.

Unless I misunderstood, you are having problems with both reading and writing, correct? Do these already recorded DVDs play ok with other DVD drives? If so, I'm inclined to think it is a problem with the optical drive itself.

reply to maito @ teck support

Every thing seems ok when burning DVD the only problem is when playing on DVD player. They are starting to freeze up & skip not only on my Sanyo DVD player but disk I gave to freinds & family are having the same problem. I dont know what type of DVD players they are using.

I hope to correct the problem by goning to a better quality disk Sony DVD made in Japan. The problem has continued to get worse & DVD made only 1 or 2 months ago started the same problem. I played a DVD that was acting up on my DVD player on my computer using windows media player and it worked good. There seems to be a real problem playing DVD made on my computer on a DVD player's they seem to deteroate over a short period of time where windows can play them but DVD player cant.

DVDs burned on PCs do not always play well on standalone set top DVD players. You might have to experiment some with your media. Even then some players might not play them.

Here is a link to an article that might help you: geeks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back