DVD-RW Drive tray stuck =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just recently purchased a new Sony DVD-RW drive. After I installed it correctly I booted up the computer and pressed the eject button...the tray comes out only about a cm, then gets stuck...there is no manual eject button, but it seems as if the drive is locked or jammed somehow in the drive. Plz help. Thanks.

nah, those motors are weak enough that they will spin by the force of you pulling fairly easy. If its real hard to pull then quit, but not much force is required to open those things.

Ever shut a drive after putting a disk in it by pushing the tray rather than reaching underneath to hit the little button? thats all the force thats required, you will just have to pull it the whole way out cause the motor won't kick in like it does when you are shutting it.

Many drives have a small hole on the face(near the eject button on my Plextor) That is a mechanical tray release It works by gently but firmly pushing with a straightened paperclip . It avoids damaging the small gears that move the tray nromally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back