DVD-RW drive, unusual problems (Win XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a LiteOn SOHW-1693S DVD writer. When I first installed it as the Master optical drive (with a DVD-ROM drive as the Slave), I booted my computer, which started up significantly slower than usual. When XP loaded, it first detected the correct device, but then said it detected an SOHW-1691S. As a result, even when I downloaded the driver, I could not install it because the installer said I was using the wrong device. Also, I cannot find the driver for that model to see if it would work.

To make matters worse, Windows now says that I have one optical drive, a DVD-R, and when I right-click the icon in My Computer and click eject, both drives open simultaneously. When using the drives' face buttons, they open independently, but neither will read any media, neither CD nor DVD. I have also tried switching the drives (Master-Slave, Slave-Master), but I am still having the same problems. ANY assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Some information, like filling in your profile, would really help so we know what system u r running. Do u know how to get into your bios? As setting that correctly could well cure your problem. If there is an auto detect setting then that could fix it. Cant really help more without more information from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back