Dvd-rw on sony MXs10 pc shows full under properties-cannot play

Status
Not open for further replies.
while burning dvd-r with Nero 7.0, the DVD-rw Drive on my sony MXS10 Pc show full under properties, does not play even a CD and does not read any dvd or cd..tried to reinstall driver from sony and from Pioneer ( by the way..drive is a DVR-103 Pioneer OEM), but did not work.
I have uninstalled Nero...nothing..tried restoring to previous system checkpoint...no dice..
Only thing I can think of is opening the Sony Pc (a pain in the back) and try to clean the laser beam...

any help will be greatly appreciated
Bosterix

A couple fo things, first never open a optical drive. just use compressed air thru the drive tray to blow out any debris. it sounds to me like your drive is failing. but there are a few things you can check. in devocemanager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers check under the advanced tab for the channel the drive is on and see if ti is operating in DMA or PIO mode. it should be DMA. if it is in pio then uninstall the ide channel and reboot widnows. windows will reinstall the IDE channel and the drive on start up.

tks....it is DMA and tried getting rid of debris..no luck.
any correlation between using Nero to burn dvd and drive failure?
thank your for helping

any correlation between using Nero to burn dvd and drive failure?

very unlikely, Nero is one of the most popular adn widely used burning programs out there. and I have used it on many CDRW adn DVDRW drives and have never seen it kill a drive. it sounds like your drive is defective.since it is a rebadged 1.03 and an older drive I would say it is simply a case of the drive is failing.

if you are in the U.S. get a new one at Newegg. I just picked up a BenQ 1650 for 35.00 there and it is a great drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back