Dvd rw problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently install a LG multi dvd/cd drive but my pc recognice as a dvd/cd driver!!! i can't burn dvd because the pc recognice it as dvd/cd driver and not dvd/cd rewriter..
i really need a solutio for this.
thank u

Do you have burning software installed? XP has a very basic CD burning capability built in but not DVD burninig. and also did you set the jumper on the drive correctly?

wel i have nero 6.6 an easy cd/dvd creator. and the dvd burner is in the master and the cd burner is in the slave jumper

Try uninstalling the IDe channel the burners are on. in Device manager go to IDE ATA\ATAPI controllers and delete the channel they are on and reboot when windows reboots it will automatically reinstall the IDE channel and the drives.

i unistall the secondery IDE channel but it stay the same i says that my Lg multi DVD/CD Rewriter is a CD/DVD drive.

ok but does Nero recognize the drive, and can you burn CD's and DVD's with nero?

This is common for Windows with a variety of drives. It should still function as a DVD/RW in CD/DVD burning programs.

hey guys i want to thank everyone who try to solve the problem but no more to worry i solve it!!! yes i did i just have to set to burn disc in d drive so simple..... Anyway thanks a lot to iss and rick. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back