DVD-RW Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenQ 1650, top notch burner and can be found for as cheap as 35.00 online at places like Newegg.

Verbatim, or Maxell. stay away from generic, or Memorex. although to be honest I would stay away from DVDRW or CDRW disks period. packet writing software is buggy and unreliable. and eventually if you rely on it for back ups you will end up loosing your data.

I've never used any packet writing stuff like Roxio on a DVD-RW, but I have used Sony DVD-RW disks before for stuff like putting several Divx and XviD movies on a disk and then watching on my home dvd player where I have a bigger tv than my monitor and a lot better sound system and they work fine for that. Just they scratch real easy and take forever to burn.

iss said:
Verbatim, or Maxell. stay away from generic, or Memorex. although to be honest I would stay away from DVDRW or CDRW disks period. packet writing software is buggy and unreliable. and eventually if you rely on it for back ups you will end up loosing your data.

lol... I recently went through an entire 50c spindle of Memorex's without a single problem.

Dunno why so many people hate it.

Dunno why so many people hate it.

Probably because their first DVD recordable disks were horrible. And the fact that they are actually manufactured by CMC, and CMC's quality control is very very spotty. and they tend to change their dye formulations frequently. so many people who do alot of DVD burning have learned to steer clear of memorex just on general principles.

NEC
cheap and good
only 3 co's in world make disc's
and there are lots of bootleg weird ha
I buy the cheapest I can get on sale at the fastest speeds avaliable

BenQ even comes with a free keyboard;
lol.. for what, typing in all that info after you loose your backup cds :D jks..
Anyways.. he was after recomendation on dvd-rw disc medias.. the round and flat things :).

I dont know if you get the Australian PC User where you are, but they had a review on a variety of dvd discs in their May magazine.. lemme dig it up..
Verbatim, Sony, iMedia and Ricoh brands were the top 4 they tested and recomend. myself personaly, i use TDK and Imation discs with no problems so far..

lol.. for what, typing in all that info after you loose your backup cds :D jks..
Anyways.. he was after recomendation on dvd-rw disc medias.. the round and flat things :).

I got your round flat things right here!!!! :haha: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back