Dvd rw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmat276

Ok so put a dvd rw in my system Had it set to Master.. booted up found it..,

work fine for a few restarts unpluged the computer... pluged it back up and it lost it but windows is finding the Drivers but it says it don't see the Rw,

So i moved jumper to CS still didn't work...
Put new Cable on still didn't work
put new drive in worked but now i am getting the same thing and i tryed all of the above again to see if that could have been it.. but still nothing....

ANY IDEAS????

bois update

PS... the dvd rw is also found in Bois and everything that it needs to run in windows from Bois is also Like it should be

First make sure the power cable is seated all the way. How are the cables connected? Are you using a seperate IDE cable for the hard drive and another for the DVD-rw? If so make sure the IDE cable is in IDE 1 and the jumper is set to Master. Then get into the bios and find the screen that automatically finds the drives and let the bios find both the hard drive and the dvd-rw. Save and exit the bios and continue to boot the computer. If that doesn't work I would set the jumper to Slave, and plug it into the second plug with the hard drive on IDE 0 and go through the steps above...Let me know if this helped?

Make sure you havnt got the cables the wrong way around. This may affect the cable select.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back