Dvd shrink backup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

Hey everyone. the last couple of days I have been having some problems with dvd shrink. this is the error log that I get.

I cant make much sense out of it. any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

im running xp with a 3 gig CPU, 1gig RAM and an 80 gig HDD. the dvd writer I have is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108.

Attachments

• dvdshrinklog.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
Your problem is likely that DVD Shrink has not been updated for a couple of years now. and cannot handle the newer forms of protection that the movie studios add to try and prevent copying of movie disks.

There is a nifty little program called "AnyDVD" available from Slysoft that works very well with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to remedy your problems. It is not free though, but it's well worth the money

iss said:
Your problem is likely that DVD Shrink has not been updated for a couple of years now. and cannot handle the newer forms of protection that the movie studios add to try and prevent copying of movie disks.

I don't think that is the problem, the log shows it got to the burning part and then failed. If DVDShrink couldn't handle the decryption then it wouldn't have gotten to the burning part. Looks like bad/incompatable media to me.

RipIt4Me works well for disks DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter can't handle and is free. Needs DVDShrink and Decrypter I think.

could this be it?

i thought that seeing as though dvdshrink runs off nero, that i would try re-installing nero. but when i try to uninstall or repair nero i get this pop-up message: "Shellmanager database is corrupt or missing".

so that pretty much stops me from trying anything like that.

any ideas?

nero problem solved

i just downloaded and ran the nero general clean tool from the nero website. that took nero off my system.
cheers.

Hi, can anyone out there offer me some help regarding the back-up portion of the dvd shrink program? upon inserting a dvd I select open disk,then select my drive containing said disk,the analysis portion of the program commences as it should but when I proceed to the next step(clicking "Backup")intead of the browser window opening and allowing me to select the area where I wish to backup (encode) my dvd files I get no response or error message of any kind,the dvd shrink window simply snaps shut.I have had this program functioning fine for many months with no problems until recently when I had to reinstall it.What am I missing????

soddy said:
Hi, can anyone out there offer me some help regarding the back-up portion of the dvd shrink program? upon inserting a dvd I select open disk,then select my drive containing said disk,the analysis portion of the program commences as it should but when I proceed to the next step(clicking "Backup")intead of the browser window opening and allowing me to select the area where I wish to backup (encode) my dvd files I get no response or error message of any kind,the dvd shrink window simply snaps shut.I have had this program functioning fine for many months with no problems until recently when I had to reinstall it.What am I missing????

When you start the backup in DVD shrink, in the boxes : Select Backup Target, select "ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter", (or Nero if you have that option) Select the target file and you're set

NOTE: you don't need to use Nero at all

Hi I'm new to this forum and have a question re; Shrink. When I insert the source disk it starts, but them I get an error: "encountered an error and cannot contunue. Failed to read file "D:\" Data error (cyclic Redundancy check. How do I correct this so that I can copy movies? Rober

Hi again. I noticed that a previous quote said. Use DVD Decrypter to burn movies. I have DVD Decrypter, but how do I burn from DVD Decrypter program?

Do this:

"When you start the backup in DVD shrink, in the boxes : Select Backup Target, select "ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter", (or Nero if you have that option) Select the target file and you're set"...

After Shrink DVD finishes, DVD Decrypter will open and either ask you to put in a blank DVD or if you have 2 DVD writers or ROM's, DVD Decrypter will start burning automatically

DVD Shrink

Tmagic650 said:
Do this:

"When you start the backup in DVD shrink, in the boxes : Select Backup Target, select "ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter", (or Nero if you have that option) Select the target file and you're set"...

Thank You Tmagic650
I did as you instructed and the encoding process stops after 2%
CA:36:1B:5C:5F
Rate:4150 kb/s
Buffered:0.33mb

Uninstall DVD Shrink and reinstall it. The default settings may have gotten messed up... This trouble is not related to DVD Decrypter, but it may be related to your DVD or DVD Media. You haven't mentioned what type of burner or even what your system is... Do I have a crystal ball? NO!

Tmagic650
Thanks for your help. I have a Sony DVD-RW / CD-RW. I'm sorry to say I don't know what model it is because it is internal. I also have a PC w/ Home XP. It seems like the major problem is that I keep getting this "Cyclic Redundancy Check." I don't konw how to correct this. Is uninstalling the only way to correct this problem?
Thanks again Rober

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back