DVD troubles with reading DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i am trying to fix a problem with my Writemaster Dual layer burner. When i put in a blank DVD it cannot even see it. When i put in a CD it reads it fine. Ive tried a new drive, same thing. I've tried different IDE cables, same thing. I have even tried a new motherboard same thing. Is there any updates or anything i can download to fix the problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of DVD burning software do you have installed? there is NOTHING to detect on a blank DVD disk.

sometimes the blank will do a fake open on click of the drive letter sometimes not,if the disc is ,has data on it and it is not loading try diff disc with data if still same issue and this is new drive,take it back (RMA)
if you refer to auto play check your settings
as for
Is there any updates or anything i can download to fix the problem??
go to manufacturers website they would know

I am using a Dell laptop it was doing the same, so i went to dell.com and downloaded a flash file and flashed my cd/dvd and now its fine, could try that too. But u have to be careful not to download a wrong flash file, so u have to check your model from my computer + right click cdrom drive + Hardware tab, u will see your model. go to the man's website and select your very model and see if u have a solution of the kind.

Wish u luck
Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back