DVD won't detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoR

First Blood : Rambo 1 Ultimate Edition
This is the 3rd disc I've tried and it just won't read. I have the BBO plan and the first disc i got at the store was really messed up so I thought it was just the disc and ordered it to be shipped online. When that one came there was a bigscratch on it as well and I assumed it wouldn't read because of that.

But even that is weird I mean normally the disc will still read and just error out at some point. So I reported it and they sent me a fresh copy with no scratches. Now this one won't work either. This is really pissing me off because thats 3 wasted rentals already.

DVD Shrink 3.2 says NO DISC
AnyDVD 6.1.6.0 doesn't pop up the "new disc inserted" message
My computer D:/ Explore shows nothing.

Spec Info:
SONY DVD RW DW-U14A SCSI Cd-Rom Device

I'm going to look for driver update, Could that be it?

This has never happened with any DVD's before even movies older than this and I've put over 200+ movies in here. The only movies I've ever had problems with are newer movies with the latest protection crap on them.

Can't find driver with google

SONY DVD burners have copyright protection other protection. DVD Shrink can't handle that stuff you'll have to look for something else.. A friend who owns SONY told me he uses DVD Magic, but I can't comment anymore since I don't use these devices or software.

Yea, I have AnyDVD, DVD43, Decrypter, HDDVDFAB, ETC. etc. To remove copy crap. The problem is that this drive won't even detect this disc at all. So removing a protection doesn't even matter if the drive won't see the disc.

What happens when you put in a real mccoy DVD, not ones you made or etc.. Does the SONY see the disc? Does your system BIOS see the SONY when it bootup?

tipstir said:
What happens when you put in a real mccoy DVD, not ones you made or etc.. Does the SONY see the disc? Does your system BIOS see the SONY when it bootup?

This is the real disc, The drive is there. It works fine with any discs but it just wont detect this disc.

Sometimes an optical drive will "choke" on a scratched or damaged DVD or CD and will change from DMA or UDMA transfer mode to the slow PIO mode. DVDs don't play very well, if at all, in PIO mode.

Check the Device Manager in the Control Panel and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, see if the controller to which the optical drive is connected is in DMA mode. If not, try changing it back in the Device Manager. If for some reason you find that it won't stay changed back (after reboots), uninstall the IDE channel in the device manager, reboot and let Windows detect and reinstall it.

Ok, I checked what Mailpup said and all the 5hit listed says 'DMA if Available' instead of 'PIO Only'

I never figured out Rambo, and just gave up on it. Now another DVD 'Wild Style' came and it won't work either..

Same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back